Thursday, January 05, 2006

Back to blogging

Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year. We survived the holidays, and are lazily getting back to normal. We registered for baby, which was a very big and very stressful job to get out of the way. It's very sobering to see how much stuff we'll need to buy for ourselves. I know that it's time to figure out what we can do without, and what we can scrimp and save on. We are so lucky that Becca has given us some stuff to use, including a co-sleeper (worth at least $100), a front carrier (worth $80), and probably like 10 outfits, several of which are 0-3 months and will suffice for the first few weeks, and the rest of which are 3-6 months, and will probably last through June or so. I'm sure we'll end up with many more clothing items as gifts, but I'm hoping we get more t-shirts and socks and such than cute little sailor outfits!! And I read that if you're willing to do laundry every day (and what else is there to do when you have to sit at home alone all day?), you can get by with only like 6 outfits. I'm sure it'd be nice to have more like 12 or 18 outfits, but I think we'll survive on that front. It's when it's 6 months old, and then a year old, and so on that I'm worried about. We'll need a new car seat, a new stroller, new clothes, new diapers, new toys.... Oh well.

I have to do work now (my job has been busier, leaving me less anxious and more excited about leaving for a long break soon), but I have much to post. I haven't been journaling well, and it's high time I started recording my thoughts, as much for myself as for the baby.

No comments: