Wednesday, December 21, 2005

[Written 12/20]
I got my RHOgam shot. I am not a happy camper about it for the following reasons:

1) They said when I called they could see me right then, and it was only 10:45, and I didn’t have anything until 1:00.
2) When I got there, I sat in the waiting room for a half hour.
3) Someone finally called for me and said I had to go downstairs and have blood work done in the hospital lab, and bring back the printout of the results with me.
4) It took a half hour to have two more vials of blood taken from me in the lab (recall that I gave blood last week for the glucose test and a few weeks before that for the liver tests).
5) After they took my blood in the lab, she said, “we can’t give printouts of the results, it goes to the blood bank. We don’t process the blood. Your doctor knows that. It usually takes about an hour to get results.” [Translation: It'll be at least 2 hours.]
6) I used relaxation breathing to keep from crying on the way back up to the doctor’s office. It worked, mostly.
7) I waited about 15 more minutes in the doctor’s office waiting room, and was ready to leave, when I was called back.
8) I was basically told, “Oops!!!!!! You already had this blood drawn, so you didn’t need to do that, so we can go ahead and give the shot. Sorry ‘bout that.”
9) The shot was in my butt cheek.
10) I will probably get billed a copay for having the blood drawn. I am not going to pay it, and the nurse said she’d check with the office manager how they can handle that so I don’t have to pay it.
11) My butt hurts.
12) I got back in the office at 12:39 or so, so I have 20 minutes to eat, and then it’s back to work.
13) I’m hungry and thirsty.
14) My butt hurts.

[Update 12/21]
My butt did stop hurting a short while later. I'm still mad that she stuck a needle in my flabby butt and then put a big ugly bandaid on it.

No comments: