Thursday, October 13, 2005

Der Musik...

As Sabrina has pointed out for a week or so now, she fears that the baby is not "functioning" like a baby should be. Now I understand that my monster elbow could have affected the baby, but the likelihood is slim to none. Also I would like to point out that this is our first child and we don't know what a baby is supposed to do inside the mommy. Now all mommies are different so how are we, or should I say Sabrina, to know what the baby is or isn't doing? I am going in the wrong direction here, sorry. My point is that this morning our baby had it's first taste of sound. We recently purchased some stereo headphones, they arrived yesterday and this morning "Franklin's Tower" rang through Sabrina's belly to our child.

Now the reasoning behind this song for me is firstly, why wouldn't I play a Dead song for my unborn child, secondly, it is a fun dancing body shaking song for me so why not for my unborn child, and lastly to try to get the baby moving to help Sabrina feel the baby and not be so worried.

It was a sweet moment for me, I just hope the baby and maybe Sabrina enjoyed it as much as I did...

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

I enjoyed it, but I couldn't help thinking of the agony your father would feel if he were watching.

I suspect the baby liked it, though it might have been a little scary for its very first song. Maybe we could have started with some lullabies?

Mike said...

My father will not be the one raising my child...I understand how you could think my father would feel the baby would be subjected to such crap, but I think he is a more understanding individual than that.

I know the baby liked it, but I think some diversity is needed...