Friday, February 17, 2006

10% effaced

The doctor said yesterday that my cervix is beginning to soften, but only like 10%. That's better than 0%! I go again on Tuesday.

*******

We have a pediatrician! There are 7 physicians in the practice we chose, and 3 there at a time on any given day, and the lovely woman we met this morning, Dr. Voigt, was very warm and welcoming. It's good that we have a doctor before the baby's born. It would suck if we just had to take whoever Magee scraped up the day the baby is born.

*******
We have a valence and roller shade for the nursery. The roller shade has to be cut to fit (weird, huh?) and I also have to cut up the valence because it's a tab-top and ugly but it was all they had at Wal-Mart, and I'm not going back (see previous post.) So that'll be done. At some point.
*******
Tomorrow we will finally go to Babies-R-Us and get all the rest of the stuff we need. It's odd, I think, that we keep getting stuff and getting stuff when all the other stuff isn't really put away, but I guess I can spend time putting things away and organizing after baby comes. I can't really go out and buy it all after it comes. So there you have it. I have been wanting to post some pictures of our living room/dining room, since the mess is seriously comical. But we cleaned up a little last night, and now it's just sad, not funny. But it looks a little better.

No comments: