Wednesday, November 02, 2005

When will it be my turn...

Over the last 4 1/2 months the pregnancy has all been about Subby, how she feels, how she is reacting to certain foods, environment, etc...not to take anything away from her, since she is the one who is enduring a body transformation for the betterment of our family, but when will it by my turn to hear or feel the baby?

We were laying on the couch last night with my head on her big preggy belly, straining to hear a heartbeat or movement or trying to feel something that (according to the books, we should be able to hear the heartbeat whenever we want and I should be able to feel kicks) just still isn't there. This instinctive reaction on my part was not supposed to be said out loud because, like a wedding the day is all about the bride, this pregnancy is all about my wife! I am completely and totally exicted for this opportunity, but in the end this is all about Subby.

By my big mouth blabbing this to Subby was just my way of showing some love and attachment to the baby and that I really do want to feel it or hear it. I guess I will just be in a waiting mode until that time comes.

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

I know you want to feel it very, very much. And I know that you want to feel attached to it, so that you can love it like a parent is supposed to love an unborn child. And I want that very much for you, too.

It'll happen. I'm sorry I have all that extra fat padding keeping you from feeling it. Plus, maybe the baby is just a lot like me, and really lazy!

And this pregnancy is NOT all about me. It's all about growing a baby. And our wedding wasn't all about me, either. So pthbbbbbt!