Monday, November 14, 2005

The nursery



Okay, the moulding is stained, though I think Mike is disappointed in the color. But I think it's terrific. And the stars are all painted, but won't be nailed in until the moulding is all installed, and it was still drying yesterday.

But this is what we have so far! I just stuck on the stars and one tiny segment of moulding with painter's tape, but I think it gives a lovely image of the room.

Oh! And Mike put a dimmer switch on the light, and we bought a beautiful new glass shade for the existing light. I love the dimmer, and I can sneak into the room to check on baby without waking it up. I'm still having trouble imagining myself even putting the baby in this room, ever, but it'll have to happen one day. When it outgrows the co-sleeper next to our bed, it'll just have to use its own crib in its own room. It just breaks my heart!

This is another shot of the longer side of the room, but you have to imagine it with the moulding over the white/navy line and also at the ceiling. But it's going to be so cute!

I don't know what the big rush is, since we still have 3 1/2 months until baby will be here, but I am anxious to see it all put together. I guess it's so we can register. We're really not at all sure of what furniture we have, will need, or will use. I'd love to have it all ready by Christmas so these decisions are made. Wish us luck!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How COOL!!!! I love it - the room will look so neat - I really like the colors and the molding looks great - I can't wait to see your house again - you know, we haven't seen it with furniture in. Thanks for the pictures - Sabrina, your sister looks really good . That football picture from penn State - just reminds me of how cold it was that day. See you soon. Love you both - no, love to all three of you - Hot Grandma

Anonymous said...

Who and why hot grandma????? Why can't it just be grandma?????

Sabrina said...

I'm going to start calling her "Hot Baba." :)

Mike said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mike said...

Mom, I hate it when you call yourself Hot Grandma. You’re going to emotionally scar our child...

Mike said...

Even before it is born...

Anonymous said...

awww the place looks sooo cute...i love it and i'm glad i was able to help paint a little :)