Monday, November 07, 2005

Sick day

I pride myself on being tough. Granted, I might scream like a little girl when a stinging insect flies around my head, but when it comes to being sick, I'm a Man, and Mike is the little girl. (And he knows it. I would worry about offending him, but, uh, I'm just not worried about it. I love him despite his totally infantile behavior when he has a cold.)

But I'm not going to be tough today, and I'm going to whine until my heart's content.

I'm sick. And it sucks. And I'm sick of being sick. And my head aches, and my throat aches, and I sound like a frog, and there is shit seeping from every orafice in my skull. And I wanna go home!!!

I did my first telephone interview of the day from 8:30-9:30 this morning, and I have another scheduled for 10:00, but I just might call it quits and reschedule her. I don't think I can take it.

Bah. I'm going to do it because I'm a sucker. Then maybe I'll leave.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Sabrina, I'm sorry you're sick - you need to go home and put your feet up or go to bed or do something that makes you feel better. I wish I was out there - I'd make you some chicken soup - isn't that supposed to be the cure-all. I do hope you feel better very soon. Talk to you soon.Love you and miss you, Mom

Sabrina said...

Mmmm, chicken soup. But that's really more Mike's style. I was never one to lose my appetite when sick (shocker, eh?), so I like to eat everything in the fridge. Luckily, right now we have cantelope and applesauce in the fridge. I can't wait to get home!