Thursday, March 02, 2006

maybe kinda sorta, a contraction??

I think I had a real contraction last night. It was certainly debilitating, and like none of the other various aches I've felt. But the funny thing was, I laughed through it. I didn't want to laugh, and it wasn't funny, but I couldn't help myself. I was standing in the bathroom when it got stronger and stronger, and I gripped the sink, and I hunched over, and I tried to breathe, but all that would come out was a sick, demented laugh.

Have you ever had that? Like, in the past, I've laughed when I had charley horses (spelling??) even if it hurt like a bitch. It's an involuntary thing for me, something I got from my mom. It makes me crazy.

Anyhow, back to the contraction. So it felt a lot like what they said a contraction would feel like, except it was only in the right half of my abdomen!! That kind of freaked me out and it made me wonder if it was really what I thought it was. But I think it was. It felt like a sharp muscle pain, then it got bigger until it was most of the muscle hurting, and it was rock hard (at least that half was), and I really couldn't walk; I just had to stand there hunched over, and it passed in less than a minute.

So now I'm just biding my time, waiting for more of them.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Then shitty ass husband, who doesn't know his wife is in pain is lying in bed under the covers wondering if his wife will ever come to bed so he can say goodnight and then fall asleep...

My apologizes for being that guy last night. I knew that you had a funny pain, but I didn't realize it was a bad funny pain...